At this page you should get an answer about how to get Earth2150 running on Linux Mint 20.2 (using WINE).
Earth 2150 - Linux Mint (20.2) Install
1. Setup wine: https://linuxhint.com/installing_wine_linux_mint/
2. install Earth 2150 via ISO or Steam
Installs for Multiplayer
1. Install Direct Play service:
2. Install mfc42 - it is required for GameRanger
3. Download Gameranger from: https://www.gameranger.com/download/ and install with Wine.
If you have no in-game music/video, then run those commands:
winetricks quartz winetricks directmusic winetricks amstream winetricks cinepak winetricks icodecs
If the above doesn't correct the music issue, you may also need to run the following commands;
WINEPREFIX=<path-to-wine> wine regsvr32 'c:\windows\system32\amstream.dll' WINEPREFIX=<path-to-wine> wine regsvr32 'c:\windows\system32\quartz.dll'