E2150 - SpeedRun
The following examples are things generally considered cheating and not allowed for runs. Note that some games may allow things on this list - if it is explicitly stated in the game or category rules that it's allowed, then it's fine for that game or category.
- All runs but be using game version;
- EftBP: v184.108.40.206
- TMP: v1.3
- LS: v2.0
- Runs are able to use any in game speed.
- All runs must be be submitted with a full unedited video that is of decent quality (720p or higher).
- All recordings must be hosted on the submitters Twitch channel.
- All runs and recordings must be performed in with Livesplit displayed in the stream.
- Submitted videos must have full audible audio.
- Each mission on a run must be performed on the same difficulty setting.
- All cheat codes are disallowed.
- Segmented runs (runs performed in multiple sittings, often with each segment retried many times until it is made as optimal as possible) are disallowed.
- Splicing a run (copying and pasting parts of different runs together) and presenting it as legitimate is not allowed. This will most often get you banned from the site. Unclear cases may be handled on an individual community basis.
- Manipulating the game in such a way to affect the reading of the game medium is disallowed.
- Tool-assisted features such as save-states, re-recording, or frame advance are not allowed.
- Game memory must not be manipulated or monitored with outside tools during runs (For example: Emulator RAM Watch, Cheat Engine). Exceptions can be made on a community basis for convenience. Examples of these conveniences might be item trackers or info HUDs for stream viewers or auto-splitters. These should not include information that would be unknown to the runner.
- The game itself must not be altered or controlled with outside tools. Exceptions can be made on a community basis (e.g., character creation scripts, logo/cutscene removal dlls, etc.)
Just because something isn't in writing doesn't mean it is allowed. If you are doing something drastically outside of normal expectations for a game category, it is recommended to contact a moderator to clarify if it is allowed.
- Download and install LiveSplit
- Download the Layout and Split files for the corresponding to the game and open them in LiveSplit;
- Download and install LiveSplit.
- Download the Layout and Splits Files relevant for the game version and faction you are planning to speedrun.
- Open LiveSplit.
- Right Click on Livesplit and select "Open Layout" > "Load from File" > browse to where you saved the above files and select the layout (.lsl) file.
- Right Click on Livesplit and select "Open Splits" > "Load from File" > browse to where you saved the above files and select the splits (.lss) file.
- Right Click on Livesplit and select "Edit Splits", If you have correctly downloaded and imported the Layout and Split files you will see the Game Name and Run Category will have already been selected for you and with the Scriptable Auto Splitter (SAS) automatically downloaded and Activated for you, untick to "Deactivate" to prevent double splits.
This guide assumes you are already using and streaming with OBS Studio.
- Click the plus sign and select window capture (as game capture doesn't with with Earth 2150).
- Choose your main gaming display.
- Next to add Livesplit to OBS, Click the plus sign again and this time select "window Capture" and from the dropdown list select "LiveSplit.exe.
- Untick "Capture Cursor" and click "OK".
- At this point its all about placing the LiveSplit overlay in your preferred location and adjusting its size.
You are now ready to speedrun :)
- All runs that meet the criteria details above should be submitted on the SpeedRun.com for full review by a Moderator. Once reviewed and if accepted it will be added to the Official Leaderboard.
- The Automated Splitting Script is tested and only confirmed as working with the English Version of Earth 2150: Escape from the Blue Planet v220.127.116.11 - Other languages will be adapted and tested in time. If you test and confirm working with other versions, please feed this back to the community.
- If you run the game executable as Admin, you will need to do the same with LiveSplit.